Hoi jullie allen,
Well I have to say I am really impressed. I didn't know you had so much confidence in my photo accumulating abilities. And, actually I have to chuckle at that, because it will seem a bit like tongue-in-cheek and a whee bit spiteful, if you realize the actual outcome...
And, to add, the numnber, it is sooooo lame. And that's why it is so funny.
TO ME.
So there I was, in beautiful, amazingly beautiful and serene appearing Brugge, despite tourists and people and everything. And I had a lot of fun and I saw, really saw, the wind mills and canals and the world heritage sights and sites; and horses and... I had fries and a grilled cheese sandwich... and I got lost, so utterly and completely lost. But who cares? Because I spoke Dutch and asked nice people for directions and the clerk in the veggie shop gave me an apple for free.
I am convinced that Brugge was built by the same architecure-savvy folk/people who also built Groningen and Amsterdam. Come to think of it; I may be actually right about that.
Quick, what have the towns of Minden, Brugge, Amsterdam, Groningen, London and, oh... I don't know... Luebeck in common, hm? Hm? Well?
Here's a hint: Hanseatic League, anyone? Ever heard of that? Can you tell that I am secretely in love with European "Golden Age" History, can you? Can you?
But to leave that tangent, Brugge is very beautiful. I guess you would have to experience it for a while to get the full picture... oh wait; maybe I can help:
I'd choose Brugge if my heart wouldn't be beating for Dresden already. They are not the same, not even similar, but they definitely share the same kind of beautiful atmosphere. I wish you (yeah, you; you know who you are) could have been there. You would have loved the litte shops and those small beautiful things. You would have loved it. Just alone for the Bear Necessities.
And indeed, the bare necessities this weekend included: Bruno Cam, coffee and 92 photos to take home.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Guten Tag! hee..
ReplyDeleteVery pretty pics.. very country and dreamy. I like! :D
xx Sarah
Mhm, I wonder what Bk is up to.... ?
ReplyDelete;-)