Salut, salut dear all;
Now before we start this post I have to actually write a disclaimer. A disclaimer is a short explanation that you don't hold any intellectual property rights of ... whatever and you basically state that these rights belong to someone who is not you.
Yes, I can see the arched up eyebrows already, but bear with me.
So, I hereby disclaim that any of the following thoughts belong to me. And why is that, I hear you ask? Well; riddle me this Sherlocks: what do you get if you put a glass (not an overtly large glass) of dark bitterish-sweet beer in front of BK during after-work pubcrawl?
A nice buzz! Not teeth-showing worthy and there was no moon, so that didn't happen (it's 6:45 after all), but I have to say the Metro looks awfully funny. Boy, am I ever going to regret that tomorrow. I think I should brew a strong coffee. Soon.
On another note; I have noticed the less I am able to actually feel my tongue in my mouth, the more fluent in French I become. I am still amazed at the fact that I successfully made it clear to the cashier that his employer still owed me 36 cents after handing me the receipt and wishing me a good evening.
Yo, these are my 36 cents. You thief! So then I asked for his supervisor. And it was not pretty. For him. I just wanted my 36 cents. Can't fool a buzzed BK, not even if she's... buzzed.
My colleague who persuaded me to come along tonight, invited me to come to Delirium next week-end. I hope it is not what I think it is.... more beer... *shudder*
No, I think after the Irish beer (I don't think I can spell that right now) in Edinburgh and the Chimay (yes, product placement, oops), I think I may be going, but I am going to settle for soda, though.
So, upshot: Belgian beer = buzzy. BK and Belgian beer on an empty stomach = still buzzy and kinda wobbly; but not really safe. Especially not in the rain with slippery streets... NEVER AGAIN on an empty stomach.
Where's my aspirin?
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you've made my day, I grin, I smile, you funny little girl! If only I could just hug you from here :x
ReplyDelete