Bedankt, bedankt voor jullie verjaarsdag groetjes. Heel grappig!
Heh! Like how I slid the Dutch in there?
Today is a new day, which - duh - seems obvious because well... yesterday was a very special day, because it did not rain. And because I woke up really early and because someone played Happy Birthday on the piano for me while I was getting ready for work, and because the metro seemed bearable for once and they played my second favourite song in the metro station and I thought "Come on, I have been here two weeks, why today of all days?"
Clearly, I was one lucky birthday girl. And on my way to the office I stopped to buy a croissant and the clerk asked how I was because I seemed to be smiling and I told him that it was my bithday and I got the croissant for free. When I got to the office the sun was shining and people were smiling and everyone shouted Happy Birthday at me and I had brought cookies to share and ... look... where did I want to go with that sentence?!
So yesterday - entirely made of win.
And today is kind of special because the last birds are getting ready for going south. This usually marks the beginning of the most fantsastic season - autumn. I cannot wait... let's hope Brussels becomes beautiful through autumn. Because beautiful it is not. Not even in the most artsy or posh places. Architectural wonders consist of generic and convenient buildings. Trees are missing in the streets and flowers - oh boy, I cannot remember when I've seen some outside of generic parks.
And today is special because our boss brougth a cake to work - for me. In Germany it is usually the other way around. And I got chocolate - I need to be all sporty again, otherwise Lufthansa might charge an extra fee for all the pounds I am gaining here - because she noticed that I usually have a small coffee break at 3.30 and she thought it 'd be nice if I had a bit of chocolate for that, too. Apparently, motivational management is approached here differently, too.
On another note, today I feel... calm. Must be the season, or the chocolate or the fact that I found age can be a beautiful thing, too.

Antwerp, near Port of Antwerp
you write that the city aint beautiful and then you add a pic like that... where's the irony in that?! you must be all high on that chocolate of yours ;)
ReplyDeleteNuh-huh, that pic was taken in Antwerp, not Brussels.
ReplyDeleteYou're made of awesome
ReplyDeleteok, that explains a lot :D
ReplyDelete