... through the neighbourhood
Hoi lieve allen,
Yes, a Dutch greeting. See? Not so bad. Looks even funnier. Funny looking words, how are you so awesome?
Either way; yesterday I decided to take a walk around the neighbourhood to see what there is and what there isn't in the grand scheme of photography worhty things. And while I was walking and looking around wide eyed, with my head tilted at various angles, tongue poking into cheek too, children approached me.
I don't know exactly what they said - I assume they asked if I got lost - and I must have stood there with a 'Yes, hello, I am a Martian and I don't understand a word you say; talk geek to me please' expression on my face.
Now children are awesome little humans, especially when they're grinning like crazy, and I briefly wondered if I should worry. Apparently not in this case. One girl took my left hand and tugged at it. That, I understood. I am not stupid, duh. And so I followed her. And where did she lead me? Well?
To the police department. Which happens to be just around the corner, one street away from my house. Not that I wouldn't be able to remember where I live, even if only temporarily; mind you. What bothers me more is that I cannot remember the way back to the place where the funny bunch approached me....
However, this morning when I decided to take the Tram to work (that's a story for the weekend because by then there will be pictures), I met the little girl again.
She smiled and waved at me. This gave me quite a bit of a chuckle and I waved back.
On another note: J'ai un vélo. Now I can roam around how nature intended me to roam around. By bike. I foresee many trips to the ice cream parlour. Oh raspberry ice cream, how are you so, so, so awesome!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That story is fricking awesome! I love it. Makes me smile and gives me hope for the future. Love it.
ReplyDelete